For those of you who are new and wanting to understand what a race day looks like, below is some important information so you are prepared and know what to expect:
- We race every second and fourth Sunday of the month, depending on the weather (see the live calendar below for the latest information as well as the location of other race meets around Victoria and the rest of the country).
- Racing commences around 10am and runs until about 4pm. Members usually get to the track from around 8am and by the time we setup the track is usually open for practice from 9am.
- We hold a drivers briefing just before racing starts. We remind drivers about racing etiquette and any information about upcoming events. Questions are most welcome at this briefing - no such thing as a dumb question.
- The format we run for race days is typically two qualifiers followed by three finals. We use your faster of the two qualifiers to set your grid starting position for the three finals. During the qualifiers you are racing the clock and not each other so we ask that if a faster car comes up on you, that you let them through. Cars are typically released 2 seconds apart once the qualifier begins.
- Races are 6 minutes in duration, except for modified which is 5 minutes, and 1/12th scale which can be up to 8 minutes.
- The electronic timing system we use (LiveTime) runs the race meet and makes announcements during the race as required.
- All race results are immediately available on LiveRC and there is also a live view. See the Results tab for links.
- The winner of the race day is based on your best two results from the three finals.
- We normally serve a BBQ lunch in between the qualifiers and finals. We also have drinks and snacks available for purchase. You are welcome to bring you own food and drinks if you like.
- At the end of the day we ask that racers help pack up the equipment which usually takes no more than 10 minutes.
Race day entry fees are as follows:
- Member = $10
- Non-member = $15
- Subsequent classes = $5
- First time racer = Free