2024 TFTR Masters
You can enter the event here.
Friday 26 January 2023
- Track open for practice from 9:00am till 5:00pm
- If it gets too busy then we will move to controlled practice by class
Saturday 27 January 2023
- 8:30am drivers briefing
- 9:00am start
- Qualifying – 4 rounds for all classes
Sunday 28 January 2023
- 8:30am drivers briefing
- 9:00am start
- Finals - 4 mains for all classes
Depending on the weather forecast, the club reserves the right to amend the schedule. Any changes will be clearly communicated to racers.
The “Masters” layout will be used for the event and run in a clockwise direction up the back straight (up the hill).
Event timing will be available via the TFTR LiveTime site.
The event will also be live streamed straight to the TFTR YouTube channel.
Classes and caps include:
- ISTC 21.5T – 40 entries
- ISTC 13.5T – 30 entries
- ISTC Modified – 20 entries
- ISTC Junior - 10 entries
- 12th Scale Stock 13.5T – 10 entries
- 12th Scale Open – 10 entries
- TCR – 10 entries
No cross entry between Touring Car classes permitted.
A class must have a minimum of 5 entries to run.
While this is not a RCRA sanctioned event, RCRA class rules apply unless otherwise stated.
- $30 for first class
- $20 for each additional class
- $45 per set of control tyres
- Entries close midnight Friday 20 January 2023
Control tyres for all touring car classes and TCR (front) will be announced shortly.
All Junior entries will receive 1 free set of race tyres.
Practice tyres will be available for purchase directly from the supplier - pickup from the track will be possible at the event.
TCR (rear) tyres are open but must be rubber with spoked rims.
Tyres for 12th scale class are open.
Tyre Limits For Touring Car Classes
ISTC Modified - 4 sets
ISTC 13.5T - 3 sets
ISTC 21.5T - 2 sets
ISTC Junior - 1 set
TCR – 1 set
- Controlled tyres will be used for 21.5T, 13.5T, Modified and Junior Touring Car classes as well as TCR (front only).
- Tyres will be available for purchase at entry as well as additional sets (up to maximum allowances) at designated times during the weekend.
- There are to be no modifications made to the tyre assembly (i.e. air holes in the rims must not be made bigger).
- Re-gluing and tyre balancing is allowed.
- Tyres will be marked by the race organisers and checked regularly, tyres are allocated to you and your class.
- Tyres may be interchanged within the sets purchased by a driver for that class without penalty.
- It is the drivers’ responsibility to ensure that all identifying marks on the tyre assembly are not damaged.
- You may not use another entrant’s tyre(s).
- Tyres must be collected prior to racing and must be returned before you leave the track on Saturday. Drivers failing to return tyres on Saturday will be disqualified.
- Tyres are the property of the entrant at the conclusion of the event.
This is a Controlled Additive and tyre cleaner event. Both cleaner and additive will be provided at no cost during Saturday and Sunday.
- RC Maker Dominate cleaner.
- RC Maker ATS additive.
You can purchase the cleaner and additive directly from RC Maker before the event if you would like to practice with it (www.rcmaker.com.au)
Electrical Safety And Air Compressors
In the interests of safety, the event organisers recommend that 240V electrical equipment be tested for safety prior to the event (i.e power supplies, soldering irons, power boards).
We reserve the right to refuse the use of any equipment considered unsafe.
The club air compressor will be available for use by all entrants.Personal air compressors may not be used to reduce noise and potential power spikes.
1st, 2nd and 3rd places in each class will receive a trophy.
Concourse trophy for best painted body shell.
All classes will be judged for Concourse together prior to the first qualifier. To be eligible for concourse, the body must be used at some stage during the event.
MyLaps and AMBrc transponders are supported.
MRT mPTX personal transponders are supported.
Club transponders can be made available if required.
Undercover benches are available with first preference to our interstate guests.
Local competitors are welcome to bring their own tents, tables and chairs if they do not wish to pit in the undercover area – there is ample room for these.
To be announced.
Event RulesTechnical regulations:
- All cars will be subject to typical weight and measure checks.
- All bodies will be checked and marked.
- The multimeter to be used for battery voltage testing will be available for checking battery voltages during Friday practice. It is the racers responsibility to ensure that their batteries are not overcharged.
- No cross entry allowed between sanctioned Touring Car classes.
- No cross entry allowed between 12th Scale classes.
13.5T and 21.5T motors:
- Any approved (ROAR, BRCA, RCRA, EFRA) 13.5T or 21.5T motor can be used.
- To speed up the process of car scrutineering, all 13.5T and 21.5T motors will need to be presented to scrutineering for checking and tagging prior to the start of qualifying.
- The tag must not be removed under any circumstances during the course of the event, it is the driver’s responsibility to make sure their motors have been through scrutineering.
- Should a motor become damaged or unusable, a new one can be presented to the scrutineer and have it tagged.
- Failure to comply will result in disqualification of that round.
- The RCRA junior rules will be used which includes use of the specified ESC and motor combinations allowed.
Specific class rules can be found here:
- RCRA rules can be found here.
- TCR class rules can be found here (with the exception of a controlled front tyre).
Code Of Conduct
This meet will be run in accordance with the TFTR Code of Conduct which is available on our website here.
The aim is for all drivers to have fun and we will have a zero tolerance approach to any poor sportsmanship, bad language, or general breaches of the code.
The closest accommodation to the track is as follows:
Crystal Brook Tourist Park
182 Heidelberg-Warrandyte Road, Doncaster East
3.8km away - Website
845-855 Doncaster Road, Doncaster
5.4km away - Website
Beau Monde International
934-938 Doncaster Road, Doncaster East
7km away - Website
6 Tower St, Doncaster
4.6km away - Website